Back To School, Tax Free Fun
Back-to-School Shopping: Clothes, Supplies & Stress Busters.
The start of the school year is right around the corner, parents—are you ready? We’re ready for you and your kiddos, whether you’re looking for school supplies, fresh finds to add to the kids’ wardrobes, or some fun games to get the kids excited for the school year. At Town & Country Village, we’ve got something for every student in your life, whether prepping for preschool or a senior in high school.
This year’s Tax-Free Shopping Weekend for Texas is from Friday, August 5, to Sunday, August 7. Certain items like clothes and school supplies are tax-free during this sales tax holiday. As long as each qualifying item is less than $100, you pay no sales tax on it. So, keep reading, make your list, and as always at Town & Country Village, treat yourself to a fun-filled day of shopping and dining. Make this outing a special end-of-summer-break bonding with your school-bound kid.
Freshen Up The Wardrobe
Kids grow fast, and what fit last year may not work now. Show your kids love and grab some basics and fresh finds they would be excited to sport at school.
Carter’s sizes for school-aged children go from 2T to 14. You’ll find a vast selection of adorable apparel like character-themed tops; on-trend printed leggings and dresses; and essentials—tops, bottoms, pants, shorts, socks, underwear, and more. Carter’s also carries uniforms and multi-packs.
Loved for its affordable quality classics for the whole family is the Gap. You’ll find apparel for school-aged kids from toddler-aged to high school. The Gap has a new Teen Collection with laid-back tees, hoodies, relaxed and skinny denim, and more. The Teen Collection has comfortable and cool styles in sizes 8-20 and is made with the planet in mind—designed to help save water and reduce waste.
For fresh big kid and tween fashion, check out the fun finds from Franki Collection at Francesca’s. The fashion-forward collection includes on-trend apparel, accessories, and jewelry designed for the girl who wants to express her style in her way. You’ll want to bring your daughters along here.
Stock Up On School Supplies
Grab the back-to-school supply shopping list and go to town at Randalls and Walgreens. If you forget your list or don’t have one, we’ve got one here for you:
- Blackboard chalk
- Folders – expandable, pocket, plastic, and manila
- Index cards
- Lunch boxes
- Food storage containers
- Water bottle
- Markers (including dry erase markers)
- Paper – loose leaf, manila paper, colored paper, poster board, and construction paper
- Pencil box
- Pencil sharpener
While at Randalls and Walgreens, stock up the pantry with snacks to fill the lunch boxes and have on hand for after-school snacks.
Bust Summer Blahs & Stress At Learning Express Toys
The Learning Express product mix is thoughtfully curated from worldwide manufacturers that make products with exceptional value. This is the place to get an assortment of educational games, puzzles, brainteasers, and more.
Getting ready for school can manifest all kinds of feelings for your child. They might be stressed, eager, and everything in between. The kids will love shopping for toys, games, and stress busters that are perfect for beating their end-of-summer-blahs. And with the added creativity and play, they’ll be more motivated and ready for school with curiosity and excitement. Check out our top picks:
- Counting to 100 Write Mat – Add new excitement to mealtime with these educational and entertaining double-sided, write-on, wipe-off placemats. These durable activity mats are ideal for use with the write-on, wipe-off multi-colored crayons.
- Summer Bridge Activities Activities Workbook – focuses on all subjects – math, writing, reading, science, social studies, fitness, and character building. Workbooks also include bonus stickers and flashcards—Grades 1 through 5.
- Zingo Word Builder Game – is an award-winning game for pre-readers and early readers and provides a fun learning experience where players build vocabulary and learn spelling patterns.
- Kinetic Domino Toppling Kit – This STEAM Toy – (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) demonstrates laws of motion, cause, and effect and is colorful enough to make your child feel like they are playing and having fun. With over 1,985,050,733 ways to set up these dominoes, you never have to make the same thing twice!
- DJECO Around the World Observation Jigsaw Puzzle – Spark curiosity as kids, build these colorful jigsaw puzzles featuring images along the borders that invite them to play an I Spy game once complete. Each includes a colorful poster that pictures the finished puzzle design. 200 pieces.
Get Back-to-School Story Books At Barnes & Noble
If your child is nervous about the first day of school, help ease their fears with a storybook about returning to school. Reading these kinds of books with your child and asking open-ended questions about the story and how they feel about it can be an opportunity to discuss their concerns and connect. Check out our picks at Barnes & Noble:
- Pete the Cat Rocking in My School Shoes Tag along with Pete as he discovers the school library, lunch room, and playground while rocking his school shoes.
- Stanley the Dog: The First Day of School Stanley would rather dawdle in bed and dither over which collar to wear than get on the school bus. Find out how he overcomes his fears.
- New Kid 7th grader Jordan learns to navigate his new school culture while keeping his neighborhood friends and staying true to himself. Winner of the Newbery Medal.
- The Unteachables, A group of middle school misfits, learn to connect and journey together. Lively and thoroughly entertaining, this underdog story shows that a bit of kindness goes a long way.
- Where Should I Sit at Lunch? The Ultimate 24/7 Guide to Surviving the High School Years Checklists, tips, and quizzes to help your teen with everything from dating to writing term papers to preparing for college.
- To Kill A Mockingbird, A child tells the unforgettable story of race, class, and justice as her father stands up for what is right despite the outrage of their town. This Pulitzer Prize-winning novel is a classic widely read in middle school and high school. Reading it now will give your child a head start.
Checkout The Mayo Clinic’s Back-to-School Tips
Need more expert tips on helping your child transition to going back to school or starting a new school? Learn how to create a supportive and healthy school environment for your child with these tips from Mayo Clinic.
Going back to school also brings out a mix of emotions in parents and school staff. New schedules, routines, and a list of things to stay on top of can feel overwhelming. Parents and teachers, remember to practice self-care, too! Find some reprieve from the back-to-school madness here at Town & Country Village. Treat yourself on your time off to a day of shopping, dining, and a trip to the salon. Or make it a date with a partner or a parent-friend.
Whether you’re a parent, guardian, student, or school staff member, we want to wish you all memorable last days of summer vacation and a happy and healthy start to the school year!
We Always Appreciate Your Support & Patronage.
Please stay up to date on merchant hours by visiting our Directory. Check with merchants for sale happenings, in-store appointments, curbside services, and hours before visiting.
We have easy storefront parking. Plus, a parking garage is free to Town & Country Village patrons. The garage is located on the Southside of Queensbury Lane between Beltway 8 & Town & Country Blvd.
When you patronize CityCentre, you must park on the Northside of Queensbury Lane in CityCentre parking spaces. Be sure to park in one of their garages. Please note that you will be charged for parking if you park in the Town & Country Village garage and patronize CityCentre merchants