Get Your Halloween Spirit Going With Town & Country Village.
Fall is in full swing, and it’s time to get into the Halloween spirit! Get ready to scream, laugh, and have a blast because Halloween is just around the corner! Town & Country Village has everything you need to make your Halloween party a hit. We’ve got you covered, from costumes to catering, spooky movies, and finger foods.
What Is The Meaning of Halloween?
Halloween has its roots in ancient Celtic and Christian traditions, but today, it’s a secular holiday that brings people of all backgrounds together to celebrate the Halloween spirit.
“Halloween” literally means “Eve of All Hallows,” a Christian holiday celebrating saints and martyrs.
Early Halloween traditions, like dressing up in costumes and lighting bonfires, may have originated with the ancient Celts. Later, the Christian church adopted some of these traditions into its holiday.
Spooky Fun Guaranteed: Tips To Get Your Kids Into The Halloween Spirit!
Kids love the Halloween spirit! And if you’re a kid, this is your time to let your creativity run wild and have some spooky fun! And what better way to do that than picking out an awesome costume?
Carter’s For Kids
Luckily, Carter’s for Kids has an extensive selection of Halloween outfits for kids of all ages. With their costume builders, you can mix and match items like leggings, cute caps with animal ears, bodysuits, and even mittens that look like spooky skeleton hands!
But that’s not all – they’ve also got baby’s first Halloween costumes and matching pajamas for the whole family! Because, let’s be real, it’s way more fun to get the whole gang involved in the Halloween spirit. So, head on over to Carter’s for Kids and let your imagination run wild!
Learning Express Toys
Get ready to spook up your Halloween with some awesome stuff from Learning Express! Swing by to pick up some super fun toys for your kids and their buddies before they hit the streets for trick-or-treating. From slime candy corn cake to Halloween window art and Play-Doh colors, Learning Express has got you set with all the Halloween-themed toys you could ever want.
And when it comes to catering, nobody does it better than Quiznos! With sub trays, box lunches, shareable salad bowls, chips, treats, and beverages, Quiznos’ catering menu is guaranteed to be a hit at your Halloween bash. Get your grub on, and have a ghastly good time!
Host A Creative Pumpkin Carving Contest
Are you ready to get into the spooky spirit of Halloween? Look no further than the classic tradition of pumpkin carving! It’s the perfect activity for both kids and adults alike. And why not take it up a notch and participate in a creative pumpkin carving contest? The competition will be fierce, but the fun will be even greater. Make your first stop at Randalls. They have a variety of small and large pumpkins just waiting to be transformed into ghoulish works of art. Then, head to Learning Express for paints and coloring crayons and markers.
Here’s our top tips for winning a pumpkin carving contest:
- Choose the right pumpkin: Look for a symmetrical pumpkin that is free of blemishes. The stem should be sturdy, and the pumpkin should be relatively uniform in color.
- Plan your design: Before carving, sketch your design on paper. This will help you visualize your finished pumpkin and ensure you have all the necessary tools.
- Use the right tools: A sharp knife, a pumpkin carving kit, and a small saw are essential for carving a pumpkin. Be cautious when handling sharp objects, and always supervise children.
- Think beyond the traditional: While traditional jack-o-lanterns are always a great option, consider branching out and creating a more unique design. From spooky silhouettes to intricate patterns, the possibilities are endless.
By following these tips and using your creativity, your family and friends can create a prize-winning pumpkin that will impress. Happy carving!
Have Fun With A Halloween Magical Makeup Station
BOO! Halloween is coming, and it’s time to spookify your look! Want to help your friends and family get into the Halloween spirit? Then, you need a magical makeup station! With a dash of artistry and some wicked supplies from Ulta, you can create stunning looks that make heads turn and jaws drop.
Here are a few ideas for your Halloween makeup station that are sure to make you scream with delight:
- Goblin and pumpkin press-on nails: These nails are perfect for adding a touch of spooky fun to any costume.
- Glitter makeup: Glitter is a must-have for any Halloween makeup look. Ulta has a wide variety of glitter makeup products, including glitter eyeshadow, glitter eyeliner, and glitter body glitter.
- Eyelashes: False eyelashes can help to complete a Halloween makeup look. Ulta has a variety of false eyelashes to choose from, including natural-looking and dramatic lashes.
- Other makeup supplies: In addition to the above, you may also want to include other makeup supplies at your station, such as foundation, concealer, bronzer, blush, and highlighter.
Get In The Halloween Spirit With Potions & Lotions We Love
Get ready to hauntify your self-care routine with Bath & Body Works potions and lotions! We’re talking Halloween-themed products galore, folks! It’s time to show your love for all things spooky with the most fabulous collection of enchanting candles, lotions, and body washes. Bath & Body Works is a Halloween spirit shopping haven. So, buckle up and indulge in a fragrance brew pampering session with some of our favorite Halloween products from Bath & Body Works!
- Pumpkin Carving Candle: This candle smells like fresh pumpkin and spices and is perfect for setting the mood for a Halloween party.
- Vampire Blood Body Lotion: This lotion has a sweet and fruity scent, and it’s perfect for keeping your skin soft and hydrated on Halloween night.
- Midnight Spell Fine Fragrance Mist: This mist has a woodsy and amber scent, perfect for adding mystery and intrigue to your Halloween look.
Pickup Spooktacular Movies & Stories
Get ready to spook yourself silly with Barnes & Noble’s hauntingly awesome selection of spine-chilling movies and storybooks! Whether you’re looking to get your heart racing with some adult scares or want to have a family-friendly fright night, B&N has got you covered. From creepy classics to new and terrifying tales, you’ll find everything you need to get into that spooky, fun Halloween spirit. So, grab some popcorn, turn off the lights, and get ready for a thrilling good time! Here are a few of our top picks to get you started:
- Hocus Pocus: This classic Halloween movie is a fun and spooky adventure for the whole family. Three witches are accidentally resurrected on Halloween night and must be stopped before they can cast a spell that will turn all the children of Salem into immortal children.
- Room on the Broom: This charming picture book tells the story of a witch and her cat going on a magical broomstick adventure.
- The Haunting of Hill House: Hailed as a perfect work of unnerving terror, the spooky story is about four seekers who arrive at a notoriously unfriendly pile called Hill House.
Savor The Halloween Spirit With Finger Food
There’s no better way to get into the Halloween spirit than with frighteningly delicious finger foods. Here are some killer ideas that will make your guests scream with delight. From creepy crawly treats to monster munchies, these finger foods are sure to be a hit at your Halloween gathering. So grab your cauldron, and let’s get cooking!
- Seven-Layer Spider Web Dip: This party favorite is made with chopped black olives and sour cream on the top layer for the spider and web effects.
- Witches Fingers: Cheesy breadsticks are always a party hit. Up the spook factor by using black food coloring dyed almonds as fingernails.
- Graveyard Parfaits: These single-serving desserts are a fun Halloween group activity. Use butterscotch pudding, crumbled Oreo for “dirt,” and Milano cookies for tombstones.
- Skeleton Veggie Tray: Add this fun veggie tray alongside your spider web dip to bring on the Halloween fun. Get creative using sliced bell peppers, cucumbers, mushrooms, broccoli for the skeleton body, and a white-colored dip like French onion or ranch for a ghoulish face.
For recipes and more ideas to get your party planning into the Halloween spirit, check out these 24 spooky Halloween finger food recipes from The Bash. And be sure to head to Randalls for all the ingredients. They have everything you need, including apple cider, cinnamon sticks, and Halloween-themed party goods.
Happy Haunting Halloween Spirit Lovers
Okay, spooktacular neighborhood friends and patrons, Halloween is the time to let your hair down, put on your fun hat, and embrace the Halloween spirit! With these tips, you can get into the Halloween groove in no time! Plus, you’ll make some spine-tingling memories that’ll stay with you for eternity! So, don’t procrastinate; grab your broomstick and head straight to Town & Country Village! We’re your one-stop shop to get your Halloween celebrations started! Happy Haunting!
More from Town & Country Village
Around The Web
Bonus Article – Halloween Parties From Better Homes & Gardens
We Always Appreciate Your Support & Patronage.
Please stay up to date on merchant hours by visiting our Directory. Check with merchants for sale happenings, in-store appointments, curbside services, and hours before visiting.
We have easy storefront parking. Plus, a parking garage is free to Town & Country Village patrons. The garage is located on the Southside of Queensbury Lane between Beltway 8 & Town & Country Blvd.
When you patronize CityCentre, you must park on the Northside of Queensbury Lane in CityCentre parking spaces. Be sure to park in one of their garages. Please note that you will be charged for parking if you park in the Town & Country Village garage and patronize CityCentre merchants.